We are Hugh and Barb Jones, owners of Tŷ Barcud. We live in the tiny hamlet of Cnwch Coch which is 2 miles from Llanfihangel-y- Creuddyn where there is a school, church and Y Ffarmers gastro pub. We have one well trained, very sociable Springer Spaniel called Twm, but don’t worry- he won’t have any access to your meadow for the duration of your stay.
Our glamping pod sits in the 2 acre meadow behind our house which is exclusively yours for the duration of your stay. It is accessed from your parking space via its own path across the garden then through a gateway into our Welsh meadow and woodland. Here you will find many varieties of tree, an apple orchard and a stunning view of the Ystywth valley. Overhead fly Red Kites and other birds while your meadow is home to our free range ducks and chickens. The pod is round shaped, cedar clad and fully insulated for a really comfortable and cosy experience for 2 people.
We are an idyllic place in which to escape the hustle and bustle of everday living and perfect for switching off from the world (there’s no mobile coverage at the pod, but don’t worry there is wifi available on request!).
As we are 9 miles from Aberystwyth and the nearest shops, we provide a Welcome basket in your pod. In it you will find a small loaf, butter, milk, a soft drink and welsh cakes with jams. For an additional charge we also offer the following baskets:
- Breakfast – the Welcome basket plus Welsh bacon and sausages and our free range eggs
- Luxury – all the above plus a bottle of wine, welsh beer and chocolate truffles
- Celebration – Prosecco, box of chocolates and bouquet of flowers
Included in the pod and meadow are the following:
In the pod:
- Double bed with luxury bedding and duck down duvet (hollow fibre available on request)
- Wool blankets
- Under bed storage
- Kitchenette with sink (boil kettle for the hot water), fridge, induction hob, microwave, kettle, toaster, tea towels, hand towel, dishcloths, all pots, pans, crockery and cutlery you will need. Also complimentary tea, coffee (instant and ground), sugar, oil, salt and pepper, washing up liquid and ketchup.
- First aid kit and torch
- Television for DVDs with USB port (no aerial connected)
- Drop down table with tablecloth and wooden stools
- DVDs, games and books
- Wifi connection (available on request)
- Mirror and lamp
- Wet room with electric power shower, washbasin (boil kettle for hot water) and loo, bathmat, loo rolls and liquid soap (Towels not included)
Outside the pod:
- On the decking – wooden box seats with storage for shoes and boots
- On the patio – table and 4 chairs, solar lighting
- Behind the pod – bins for recycling and waste
- In the meadow – fire pit and seating, hammock between 2 trees, shed for drying coats and boots and storing charcoal and matches with wood store
- Near your car park there is access to a garage to keep your mountain bike. You are able to use the tumble dryer and freezer at any time during your stay